Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member kilohertz's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.

    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSS View Post
    Car guys and audio. My Turbo LS Nova is in the garage, which is where I will have to sand and repair the 9846 cabinets. So that will have to wait for nicer weather. Sanding dust and car parts don't go together. And it's a 1 car grudge.
    Same for the basement where my audio room is. I build engines down there too.

    Like you, I come and go from the audio hobby. Been awhile, I forget how much I enjoy it. And you don't get grease under your fingernails!
    Hi all,

    I'm still alive, still planning to build the 9846's, still have the '68 Firebird rag in the garage, still haven't finished it but the '49 Ford is now outside under cover so I have room to setup my Dad's tablesaw which I now have in the container. It's funny how time flies when you don't do anything.

    Hope everyone is doing well. Check in and let us know what your are doing.

    Cheers

    Paul

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.

    Ever think going mopar? also i have some boxes by the way
    Sonic Barbarian

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.


    Alien_Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    750
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.

    Did you find plans for the 9846 enclosure?
    - Mike

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Art J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2004
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.

    Come on KHZ the 9846 is worth the build. We have been using ours almost daily since the rebuild
    in 2005. They never fail to impress bi-amped in our modest home theater setting.
    Glad you guys are still around and hope you stay well... Art

  5. #5
    Junior Hostboard Member kilohertz's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-G View Post
    Ever think going mopar? also i have some boxes by the way
    Yes, there's a '71 Baracuda with a 340 (auto) down the road under a tarp, been there 15 years, I should go down again and make him an offer, he's had it since '75, plum crazy purple, my fav, but rusty.

    Cheers

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Shore View Post
    Did you find plans for the 9846 enclosure?
    Yes

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Art J. View Post
    Come on KHZ the 9846 is worth the build. We have been using ours almost daily since the rebuild
    in 2005. They never fail to impress bi-amped in our modest home theater setting.
    Glad you guys are still around and hope you stay well... Art
    Thanks Art,

    Well the decision has been made to setup a system in the shop so I can try my A7-500s that I've had for 10 years and haven't put power to yet. Yes, the 9846 will get started in the spring, it's too cold here right now to be working in the shop daily, plus I still need to do some organizing. I'm currently building several tube preamps and SET power amps, may even try bi-amping the A7s.

    I also need to figure out how to have the BBS send me a notice when I get a reply to my posts, does anyone else have a problem with notifications?

    Cheers

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.